- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. clove
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped raisens
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar
- Beat in the eggs
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheets
- Bake 15 minutes
Sour cream is the secret to the rich, moist texture of this bread recipe
. There's no butter or oil in the batter—only in the glaze.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar $
- 2 large eggs $
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour $
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt $
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 cup butter $
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.
- Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread; let cool completely (about 1 hour).
Note: To freeze, cool bread completely; wrap in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
- 9 cups baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- Apple Pie Filling
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 5 cups water
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
(Great Option: Substitute cornstarch with 3 1/2 Tbsp. of Instant Tapioca)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Toss apples with lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a Dutch oven and bring to a boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add apples and return to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are tender (6-10 minutes). Cool for 30 minutes.
- Then ladle into freezer containers or bake immediately. Makes two 9-inch pies.
2 qts. apples, peeled, cored and halved
Coarsely grate apples. Place on a
greased cookie sheet. Bake at 225 degrees until dry. Remove from cookie
sheet and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
1 tsp. margarine
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
1 Tbsp. honey or brown sugar
(These ingredient amounts are per apple.)
each person, use 1 apple. Fill the center of the apple with all the
ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees until tender or put in a Dutch oven on top of stove and simmer on very low until tender.
4 large apples, cored and sliced
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Cut apples into 1/4 inch slices. Heat butter in a large skillet. Put the apples, brown sugar,
and cinnamon in the skillet and cover. Over medium-low heat, cook apple
slices 7-10 minutes or until they begin to soften and the syrup
thickens. Serve coated with excess syrup on top. Serves 4.
9 to 10 apples, cored, peeled and chopped
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cloves
1/8 tsp. salt
everything into a crockpot. Stir, cover and cook on high 1 hour. Cook
on low for 9-11 hours or until thick and dark brown. Stir occasionally.
Uncover and cook on low 1 hour longer. Stir with whisk until smooth.
Refrigerate or freeze. Makes 2 pints.
Chop 6 or 8 apples into baking pan.
Sprinkle topping over apples
Pour 1/3 cup salad oil over all
Sprinkle with cinnamon
Bake in 350 oven for 45 minutes to an hour
Mix 1 cup of flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt break in
Mix until crumbly.
1 cup lowfat yogurt
1 banana, peeled
1 apple, quartered and cored
1 cup fresh or frozen berries, peaches or apricots, pitted
Mix yogurt and banana in blender
Add apple, other fruit, and ice
Blend until smooth
Makes 2-4 servings.
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups flour
1 cup oats
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups Apples
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Stir milk and oil into egg
Combine dry ingredients and add to egg mixture
Mix in chopped apple, vanilla and nuts
Pour batter into greased muffin tins
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes
Makes a dozen good-sized muffins.